"MicroPython is a lean and efficient implementation of the Python 3 programming language that includes a small subset of the Python standard library and is optimised to run on microcontrollers and in constrained environments."- https://micropython.org
screen /dev/usb.whatevercan sometimes not work to get a usb repl Try using
- Info on flashing can be found here: https://docs.micropython.org/en/latest/esp8266/tutorial/intro.html
brew install picocom
pip install --user adafruit-ampy esptool
export AMPY_PORT=/dev/tty.usbserial-0001sets up
ampywith the needed sieral port.
ampy run test.pyrun test.py found in the current local directory on the ESP8266.
ampy --port /serial/port put test.py /foo/bar.pycopy a file to the board. Use
getto copy the other way. Omit destination file name to just view the file.
- Modify boot.py for any boot setup. Run
ampy get boot.pyto see the defaults for the flash you have loaded.
- Modify main.py with your main program code to auto-run.
- My microcontrollers notes have more info about LED projects and associated hardware.
- TalkPython.fm Episode #108: MicroPython and Open Source Hardware at Adafruit
- https://youtu.be/odffCT0aW58: Tutorial on how to use Jupyter as a micropython development interface for neopixels