Lego STEM, including Mindstorms, Powered Up, etc..
The 51515 is the successor to the EV3 31313. Its software is much more approachable and modern, but its hackability appears to be less than 31313 due to no USB or SD slot.
- EV3 programming software is available via cask:
brew cask install lego-mindstorms-ev3
In 2019 LEGO started shipping a microSD card for developing MicroPython using vscode. This setup is based on ev3dev, including having an ev3dev splash screen on boot and the default ev3dev ssh credentials. On the vscode side, one interesting thing is that when you install the LEGO® Mindstorms® EV3 MicroPython extension, it installs ev3dev-browser
- Robot Operating System for EV3
- ev3dev - "ev3dev is a Debian Linux-based operating system that runs on several LEGO® MINDSTORMS compatible platforms including the LEGO® MINDSTORMS EV3 and Raspberry Pi-powered BrickPi."
- LEGO MINDSTORMS EV3 source code
- BUILD A ROBOT - "These robots give you the full EV3 experience, complete with building instructions, programming missions and the programming tool included in the new free EV3 Programmer App."
- Community Gallery - Robot designs from lego mindstorm community.
Great Ball Contraption
"A great ball contraption (GBC) is a machine which receives soccer balls or basketballs from one module and passes them to another module, rather like a bucket brigade. Modules built according to the GBC standard can be assembled into a collaborative display without pre-planning or modification." - https://www.greatballcontraption.com
- Diameter: 14mm
- Weight: ~1.5g
Lego Mario is an electronic physical lego game device that has an accelerometer and a colored barcode reader. It interfaces with an smartphone/tablet app to enhance the physical gaming experience with instructions, a scoreboard, etc.. The barcodes that Mario reads have been reverse engineered and can be printed up with a color accurate printer.
- https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLz-GEJhc2xVdWHAlHnhTEK7g8Et25rgZY My (Daniel Hoherd) LEGO Robotics Youtube Playlist
- https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLA-qIpWJQgnowkY7u6TY7KLViXsyQqv6U Akiyuki LEGO GBC Modules Youtube Playlist
- BrickPi - "This project combines the brains of a Raspberry Pi with the brawn of a LEGO MINDSTORMS NXT"
- https://www.bricklink.com/v3/studio/download.page - "Build, render, and create instructions" with this CAD style LEGO software.
- http://www.brickpile.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/brick-geometry-brickcon2015-compressed.pdf (935 KB) - mm, Lego Draw Units, triangles and more! Lots of LEGO math for accuracy and precision.
- https://github.com/virantha/bricknil - Library that supports programming Duplo Train Push & Go Motor (part 28743) and others.
- https://youtu.be/I6Vnwi6oQYg - Toa Mata Band: Lego robot orchestra tribute to Depeche Mode - Everything Counts