- toml - "TOML aims to be a minimal configuration file format that's easy to read due to obvious semantics."
- yaml - Better human readability, more options. (JSON is actually a subset of yaml.)
- https://goessner.net/articles/JsonPath/index.html - JSONpath is used by kubernetes as a native way to restructure
- https://stedolan.github.io/jq/ - jq is generally useful for working with JSON in a shell.
- http://jmespath.org/ - jmespath is used in AWS APIs to restructure data.
- https://json5.org/ - Now with trailing comma and comment support!