document query tools
Tools to query documents from the command line.
- https://github.com/BurntSushi/xsv: "A fast CSV command line toolkit written in Rust."
- https://github.com/TomWright/dasel: "Select, put and delete data from JSON, TOML, YAML, XML and CSV files with a single tool." Also check out my notes on dasel
- https://github.com/harelba/q: "Run SQL directly on delimited files and multi-file sqlite databases." Also check out my notes on q
- https://github.com/itchyny/gojq: "Pure Go implementation of jq."
- https://github.com/mgdm/htmlq: "Like jq, but for HTML."
- https://github.com/mikefarah/yq: "yq is a portable command-line YAML, JSON, XML, CSV, TOML and properties processor."
- https://github.com/jqlang/jq: "Command-line JSON processor." Also check out my notes on jq. This project appeared to be abandoned for a few years, but as of 2023-06-02 it is back in active development.
- https://github.com/johnkerl/miller: "Miller is like awk, sed, cut, join, and sort for name-indexed data such as CSV, TSV, and tabular JSON"
- https://github.com/wwkimball/yamlpath: "Command-line get/set/merge/validate/scan/convert/diff processors for YAML/JSON/Compatible data using powerful, intuitive, command-line friendly syntax."
- https://github.com/simeji/jid: "json incremental digger" is an interactive json digging tool.
- https://github.com/jmespath/jp: "Command line interface to JMESPath - http://jmespath.org" Also check out my notes on jmespath.
- https://github.com/simonw/sqlite-utils: "Python CLI utility and library for manipulating SQLite databases." Can directly import json, csv, and tsv files for querying in sqlite.